New Hawkwind Comp??

Mark Edmonds edmondsm.brbs at EMS.RAIL.CO.UK
Fri Feb 26 05:27:00 EST 1999

From: Mark Edmonds
Date: 1999-02-26 10:27

Saw this in Tower Records (Picadilly) yesterday. I hadn't seen it before and
although I can't remember the exact title, I can't see it A Dawson's
discography page.

It was a two CD set in a slimline case containing Hawkwind Zoo tracks, the
Earth Ritual EP, some Hawklords stuff (Over the Top through to Golden Void),
some early live stuff, perhaps some more tracks and ended up with an
interview with Dave. It had a little sticker on it saying it was a limited
edition "gold" disc set. Whatever the title was (god my memory is bad) it
had a date afterwards so it was something like "Yet another Hawkwind
compilation 69-85" and the rear sleeve made some mention of thanking Brian
Tawn.

The only new material I could see would have been the Dave Brock interview
although off the top of my head, I don't know whether the Hawklords version
of Golden Void is on CD.

Sorry if this is common news.

Mark