HW: oh frabjous day!!

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 6 18:01:18 EST 1999

Johan Edlundh writes:

> not bad - I know people that do not have *any* Japanese Doremi... ;*)

mmmmm - so do I but sadly the Edinburgh one is away on a skiing holiday
in the States so I can't brag until he get back!   If anyone on the list
just happens to bump into Mike Holmes in a micro brewery somewhere in
San Francisco you have my permission to mention this small fact.

> is there any difference between those releases?

I'm told that the reissue is far superior in sound quality but I haven't
yet matched them up.

> do you know when the reissue was released?

The reissue is 1982 through King Records, Japan

Outwardly the reissue cover doesn't differ much from the original Doremi
sleeve except for a manufactured in Japan comment on the back and a
Japanese insert inside with what looks to be a brief history of the
band.

The original Japanese gatefold is a lovely piece of work with the same
sleeve design but with good solid hardboard covers and the inner sleeve
design printed onto the inside of the gatefold.   I'll have to check to
see if any track lengths have been sacrificed to make room for Silver
Machine.   There's also a booklet insert with lyrics in both Japanese
and English and some wierd diagram that could either be a Mensa test or
some kind of crude circuit board.  I guess I'm going to need an
interpreter!

I don't suppose there is anyone on this list in the Tokyo area just now?
If so I'd like to ask you a favour!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk