BOC: Too Hip for the Room

Thu Jan 7 14:14:09 EST 1999

I got the flyer yesterday for THFTR.  I've already got their first album,
which has a Reaper/Burnin' medley guested by one Buck Dharma, but I'm
eagerly anticipating their release entitled, "Don't Fear The Remake" -
it will be the first BOC tribute album (of course most tribute albums
aren't done all by one band).

THFTR's music is excellent.  However, don't expect it to sound anything
like BOC.  It's acoustic, folksy, bluesy, whimsical, and laid-back.
Stylistically, it's not the kind of stuff I particularly like - I've
gotten it only to hear their take on BOC tunes (their "Don't Fear the
Remake" release is going to include songs such as Veteran of the Psychic
Wars, Harvester of Eyes, Last Days of May, Black Blade, Take Me Away,
Shooting Shark, In Thee, Sole Survivor, and more).  Don't get me
wrong, these guys are very talented and creative.  It's just not the
style of music that I usually enjoy.

But, if you enjoy acoustic folksy/bluesy stuff, with a great sense of
humor, these guys are great.

John