BOC: 'The Stoned Age' movie

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Sun Jan 10 23:54:32 EST 1999

> > a reference to this on another list came up, a movie in
> > which BOC apparently appear? Does anyone know anything about it, and if it
> > can be got hold of anywhere?
>
>      Came out a couple of years ago.  Buck and Eric had cameos as
> guys selling bootleg T-shirts outside a BOC concert, I believe :)

I think they were outside a convenience store...and just so you know,
you have to wait until after the credits for the cameo. Warning:
This is an absolutely HORRIBLE movie...an even smaller-budget attempt
than "Dazed and Confused" to cash in on the current nostalgia craze. Very little
attention was put into authentic detail, vernacular, etc. Along those
same lines, although the movie is set in the '70s, they play BFY.

That said, I think "Stoned Age" is required viewing for BOC fans,
because hardly a frame of this film goes by without some visual or
verbal reference to BOC. Obviously someone involved in the making of
this movie is a big fan. Unfortunately, it seems he or she was
skipping film glass to listen to their albums.

--  Nick