Live at Reading 1986 / Dumpy

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jan 12 12:55:08 EST 1999

Rich Lockwood writes:

> Dumpy Dunnell - the very same.  He sprayed lager up my arse live on
> stage at Huddersfield Polytechnic you know...  (Ah, the bad old days.)
> I was listening to Somewhere in England over the Christmas Holiday.  I
> was drunk.
>
> Does anyone know if they're still going?  (Or Engine, come to that?)

He came up as far as Edinburgh 2/3 years back - and an entertaining
evening was had by all.   He covered practically every music style you
can think of and I had the impression (standing quietly in the shadows at
the back 'cos most of the audience were seriously serious biker types
and I'm most definitely not!) that he and the band were much better
musicians than they pretended to be.   They started off with some guy
wandering on stage in what looked to be a space suit - something which
others appeared to understand but I missed completely and there was an
enthusiastic bit of arse exposure as a finale.   And, yes, they played
the Hawkwind anthem!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk