OFF: Amon Duul 2

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Tue Jan 12 15:31:08 EST 1999

> P.S.  Anyone heard this new Sleep (opened for Nik/Creed Space Ritual tour)
> album, 'Jerusalem.'  I hear it's one 53-minute long track.  (?)  Seems odd
> that a sludge/stoner band would do this sort of project...I'm intrigued by
> what it could be.  Anyone??

I haven't heard it, but I would like to get hold of it.

I have an article from Chicago Reader last Fall about "the holy grail of of
stoner metal", the album "Jerusalem" from Sleep.  I like the band, and the
article had what I consider high praise, calling the album's one song "one
massive post-Sabbath symphonic drone of a song."  "... suggest the
cathedral-filling drones of some extremely baked midnight mass - one for
which Cisneros's book-rewriting hard-rock bass, Pike's mind-bending guitar,
and Hakius's insistent psychedelic march beat provide an ideal sound track."
 "... slowed down Sabbath detuned to C." "...sheer power-trio heft becomes
hypnotic, even spiritual" "Sustaining a coherent song and groove at great
length, with myriad sibtle developments on a basic theme..."

The only problem was that this album apparently never came out.  Is it
officially out now?

Frank

---
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
      -- Stephen Wright
        Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com
   phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

Frank

---
A friend of mine gave me a Philip Glass record. I listened
to it for five hours before I realized it had a scratch on
it.  -- Emo Phillips
        Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com
   phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240