OFF: Sleep Jerusalem (was: Amon Duul 2)

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Jan 12 17:22:36 EST 1999

OK, folks...

The review I read (Sonic Unyon's "The Stink" publication) said the following...

Sleep - Jerusalem (Music Cartel)

"If you can find it, Sleep's Jerusalem is the heaviest record you will hear
all year.  Consisting of one fifty-three minute long song, Jerusalem is kind
of like the Black Sabbath equivalent of Pink Floyd's Echoes.  It runs its
course and holds your attention for the duration fo the album, something
which some epic stoner rock jams fail to do.  So find it, light up, and
freak out, 'cause Sleep will leave you feeling all right."

>>The only problem was that this album apparently never came out.  Is it
>>officially out now?

So, I searched on Music Cartel and Lo and behold, found...

http://www.music-cartel.com

with the album listed (with photo) in their new releases section.  The
release date was given as 1/26/99, so it will be out officially two weeks
from today.  They had a link to CD-Now so I guess it won't be so hard to
find it after all.  They reiterated the fact that the recording had sat
around for a few years before finally now seeing the light of day.

BTW, Music Cartel seems to be a label focussed mainly on stoner rock, so any
of you stoneheads (?) looking for some new blood might want to check it out
anyway.

That's all...Keith H. (FAA)

ObCD:  Hissi - Circle