OFF: Sleep Jerusalem (was: Amon Duul 2)

Zeitgeist xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Wed Jan 13 04:16:09 EST 1999

But best of all was the album, "Volume 1", which was released prior to
their Earache deal on Tupelo Records in 1992.  An absolute classic.

NP Sleep - Volume 1!

At 12:40 12/01/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Apparently, the 'Jerusalem' track/album was recorded by Sleep some time ago
>(right after the Nik tour, I think), and promptly rejected by their label
>(Earache).  I'd heard that they finally found a label (or just released it
>themselves) for it, so I'm eager to hear it!  I don't see why it would be a
>surprise to hear something that extreme from Sleep, though; after all,
>their set opening for Nik consisted of 3 songs, one of which ("Dopesmoker")
>ran about 25-30 minutes.  And if this sounds enticing, I would also highly
>recommend the band Earth, who have had at least a couple albums on Sub Pop.
>(and, if you really wanna go out on a limb, some of the UK noise/rock bands
>like Skullflower, Ramleh, Total, and even some of the Simon
>Wickham-Smith/Richard Youngs stuff like the 'Ceaucescu' LP on Forced
>Exposure).
>
>        -Doug
>         ceres at sirius.com
>
>On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:31:08 -0600, Frank Weil <frankw at COMM.MOT.COM> wrote:
>
>>Keith Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> wrote:
>>> P.S.  Anyone heard this new Sleep (opened for Nik/Creed Space Ritual tour)
>>> album, 'Jerusalem.'  I hear it's one 53-minute long track.  (?)  Seems odd
>>> that a sludge/stoner band would do this sort of project...I'm intrigued by
>>> what it could be.  Anyone??
>>
>>I haven't heard it, but I would like to get hold of it.
>>
>>The only problem was that this album apparently never came out.  Is it
>>officially out now?

Zeitgeist-Reflections Of The Underground e-zine & freezine
Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK
http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com