HW: IYA and DH

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Jan 15 11:19:54 EST 1999

>on DH--Phetamine Street, Alchemy, Reptoid Vison--I think A4 was, on
>the whole, a stronger album.  IMO, "Alien (I Am)" for example was as

I wasn't saying it wasn't great - no sirree bob! - i think i was just
expecting too much of it at the time. Having been earthbound for a while,
the hawks were finally returning to space! But instead of the new X in
search of... i got A4. Having said that, in retrospect i know time marches
on etc and listening to it again (as i am as i type) it is pretty effin cool.

>strong a Brock track as any!  His output on DH was less spirited.
>Calvert's lyrics entirely aside, Brock wrote some great songs on
>his own and still does--he seems to do it less frequently these
>days, though.

oh yeah, (or following all that neo-sabster chat should that be OH
YEEEEeeeAH!) there's no knocking the brockster; i made a comp tape of
punk/space/psych stuff for a friend and slipped in 25 Years which i think
is a really great space punk song (admittedly the few who listen to my
theories find this pushings a bit far) and my mate absolutely loved it and
she has begun to desist in her hawk-scepticism ... haha! a convert!

seeya

>     It looks to me like much of the lyrics on the new album
>are Rizzoid in origin, though--I know others like his input,
>but he's not done much for me, I must say.
>
>Cheers,
>Carl
>
>--
>Carl Edlund Anderson
>Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
>St. John's College, University of Cambridge
>mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk
>http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~carl/

andrew
andrew at deluminate.freeserve.co.uk