OFF: work and love of space...

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Jan 22 07:35:14 EST 1999

At 12:13 22/01/99 -0000, you wrote:
>> > I seem to meet more and more people working in the environmental
>> > protection area who are HW/StarTrek/Monster Magnet lovers.
>> > I wonder how it is on this list?

As far as tv SF goes i'm with harlan ellison (who mite have vchanged his
tune what with B5):

"Star Wars is adolescent nonsense; Close Encounters is obscurantist drivel;
Star Trek can turn your brains to puree of bat guano [and remember he
hadn't even seen TNG or Voyager when he wrote this]; and the greatest
science fiction series of all time is Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on,
one-by-one or all in a bunch to back it up!"

ObHW: it was michael moorcock who introduced ellison to dr who with the
words "now be quiet and just watch"

<geek factor eleven and rising>

yeah monster magnet are pretty cool; tab 25 is a top lp

and the enviroment? well i never learnt to drive for the obvious reasons
and now regret it (stuck in derby surrounded by beautiful countryside that
i can't get to); meanwhile, down the bottom of our garden we been coming up
toadstools: looks like a biological war and the plants are winning the
people arent even here anymore.

andrew

ObCD: ICU - now you know the score

andrew