HW: Dr. Who

Sun Jan 24 07:32:53 EST 1999

On sön 24 jan 1999 12.05 +0800 "William Duffy" <xl5 at IINET.NET.AU> wrote:
> I only wish Doctor Who was brought back to TV. It
> does exist in various other formats at the moment via independent
production
> companies, who are doing it in much the same way Hawkwind were giving
> themselves different names due to copyright. But a proper new series is
what
> we need. Doctor Who has far more scope to offer than virtually any other
SF
> production.

     Yes, Dr. Who's ressurection is long overdue.  The American
attempt was terrible, but Paul McGann was great, IMO.  They should
hire him back on for a proper new BBC series.

> And it was rumoured at one stage that Hawkwind was going to do some
> instrumental music. The script editor at the time was a HW fan.

     I have long thought Hawkwind would do a *brilliant* cover
of the Dr. Who theme.  That is a tune which cries out to be
turned into thundering space-rock.  If I can ever get back to
playing in a band I'd do it myself :)

Cheers,
Carl

--