OFF: work and love of space...

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sun Jan 24 11:35:22 EST 1999

> >And it was rumoured at one stage that Hawkwind was going to do some
> >instrumental music. The script editor at the time was a HW fan.
> >

> WHAT?! Any more details on this?
> There was an article in a Doctor Who magazine some years back which said
that the script writer of the time, Andrew Cartmel, wanted Hawkwind to do
the music for a story called Battlefield, which has some visual similarities
to the Live Chronicles video.
I suspect he may have thought that too, and that it would have been ideal.
It would certainly have been better than what they used in the end!

I don't know if the band was actually approached. I suspect not, because I
think they would have jumped at the chance.

William