OFF: Can I Cope?

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jan 25 07:58:04 EST 1999

In article <36AC557A.2AB92588 at uq.net.au>, Max Wilcox
<m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU> writes
>Howdy all,
>
>            Just picked up a nice CD by Julian Cope, "Interpreter" - the song
>which was as clincher, as far as my decision to purchase it was
>"s.p.a.c.e.r.o.c.k. with me", amongst others. Some impressive stuff on there -
>he
>has very Gong hippy philosophy at points, but very good none the less.
>            My question is - is his other stuff like this album? Is it any good,
>etc., etc.?
>            Thanks...
>
>- Max

No, this is a weak effort by Copey's standards. If you like this you're
going to *luuurv* his other stuff. Seriously.

Go get Peggy Suicide, then Jehovahkill. Then come back and
ask for more :)

He's doing a spoken word show at Dingwall's tonight, if you're
interested. Buy his Modern Antiquarian book, too.

He's doesn't just wibble hippie fluff. He produces gloriously produced
tomes of sterling-ly researched groundbreakingly important hippie fluff.

with lots of nice pictures.
--
Jon