OFF: B5 Crusade <slight spoilers>

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Mon Jan 25 08:37:28 EST 1999

>Andrew A. Apold writes:
>
>> >Babylon 5 for me - there is no other!
>>
>> Ditto.... it ruined ST for me.
>>
>> B5 Call to Arms was great, can't wait for B5crusade....

minor "feel" spoilers precaution space

>I was lucky to catch this while in California. The only thing that
>bothers me was the setting up of a 5 year mission with a one of a kind
>spacecraft. That's a bit too ST/Voyager I think. However, I'm sure
>there's a possibility for more interesting plotlines inside the main
>concept.

One would hope so.

>They appear to have set things up so that Lyta and G'Kar, and Lennir
>could easily make guest appearances (indeed the Lennir plotline still
>has to be settled according to the Ghost Morden's prediction). I suspect
>that the Doc will also guest as a bio researcher on Earth.

Right, there's no reason episodes can't show stuff elsewhere...  '

>We've bypassed the Psi Wars. I hope that this appears in a film.

There will be a teep on the ship...  presumably the ship will be able
to communicate with earth...

>JMS seems to be setting up the Shasow/Vorlon mythos again only with the
>Drahk/Technomages in the god slots.

Don't think it'll fall the same way.  If I had to take a guess right now,
I'd say that most of the Technomages will go down in flames as a result
of Galen's actions, with of course Galen surviving since he's not there.

The Drahk.... they still can't match up with the Shadows for menace, they
seem to be a poor man's shadow but they're working hard to be worthy of
a more nefarious status...

>I was dissapointed not to see Sinclair/Valen return in an episode of B5
>(as is told by Minbari prophecy and ritual of keeping a place for him).
>It'd be reasonably easy for Valen to have kept himself in suspended
>animation for 1000 years. What I'd really like to see is a film of
>Valen/Zathras/Catherine in B4 and his subsequent return to the future.

Any way they can work Zathras back into the plot is a plus.  I'm sure
the Great Machine could accomplish what is needed, and might be a logical
place for the ship to visit, as it could investigate several possibilities
before even going places...

Generally to me, most of the films have been a dissapointment compared to
the show.  In The Beginning was good, as was Call To Arms (though the music
is taking a pounding in most reviews.....  jms says to give the new guy
a chance, I guess he deserves the benefit of the doubt for awhile), the rest
were uneven.