BOC: A few tidbits...

Tue Jan 26 10:10:25 EST 1999

Grist from the BOC rumor mill...

1.  There may be a European remaster of "Cultosaurus Erectus" coming out
in a few weeks.  Thoughtscape Sounds, an import dealer, has it listed on
their "New & Pre-releases" section of their website.  I emailed them an
inquiry, and they replied as follows:

"This piece is not out yet it is on pre-release. I t is European but I
won't have any specific information until it is released. It is due out in 2
to 3 weeks."

2.  Appears that Allen Lanier has been under the weather as of late.  He
did not play at BOC's New Years Eve show I believe, and was replaced at
the last minute on 1/23 by none other than Kasim Sulton (who almost became
BOC's new bassist after Jon Rogers quit back in '95).  Word is that Allen
was ill.  I also thought I heard (this was all on the AOL boards by the
way) that Allen would be missing some upcoming gigs in the Northwest as
well, but I'm not sure of the details (other AOLers feel free to chime in
with clarifying detail).  Hopefully Allen will be back in full form soon.

Please note that it is not my intention to spread unfounded rumors, and
I'm not trying to imply in any way that Allen is either leaving the band
or in poor health.  We all get sick from time to time, and sometimes an
illness puts us out of commission for more than a day or two.  I assume
that this is the case with Allen.

John