HW In Your Area: Impressions

Tue Jan 26 18:59:08 EST 1999

On tis 26 jan 1999 15.54 +0000 "Jon Browne" <jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:
> This'll make you laugh, though. I
> do remember being "a bit disappointed" with Electric Tepee when I first
> heard it. Well, D'uh.

     Well, _I_ *am* a bit disappointed with _ET_.  There should have
been *more* good tracks (and the good tracks on it were *very*
good!) and fewer random synth burbly sectionsn :)  "LSD", "Mask of
Morning" (for all that it was a remake, it was far surperior to
the original), "Sadness Runs Deep", and "Right to Decide" were all
excellent tracks, able to stand alongside HW's best.

     But I have have no mercy :) and I hold everything to the
standard of albums like Doremi and HotMG where there were a few
wacky electronic tracks which seasoned an album of spacerock,
whereas in recent years it seems almost the other way around.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson