HW: Strange Nik-post from NG

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Jan 27 14:26:55 EST 1999

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:04:34 EST, Chuck Rosenberg <Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> wrote:

>Subject: Attention Hawkwind FansFrom: eriksongs at aol.com (Eriksongs)
>Date: Mon, Jan 25, 1999 16:34 EST
>
>Nik Turner is or was on tour whith Nik Turner's Hawkwind.  AVOID THIS AT ALL
>COSTS IF YOU VALUE YOUR EARS AND SANITY.  Undefinable noise at extreme
volume.

Hmmmm ... this IS true, since I once witnessed a friend losing his sanity
at a Nik Turner show (the incident is recounted in Monoshock's song,
"Hawkwind Show").  Apparently he was under the belief that one mr.
(apparently soon-to-be ms.) Genesis P-Orridge was using him to test
experimental psychedelic drugs on.  Fortunately, he re-discovered his
sanity the next day, after the mushrooms wore off.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com