OFF.Delerium

Scott Heller shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Thu Jan 28 05:26:15 EST 1999

Jill wrote:

From:    J Strobridge <eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
Subject: OFF: Delerium list

I seem to be on the Delerium/Freakbeat New Issues email list which
features such bands as:   Breithand, John Fallon, Moom, Farflung, Five
Fifteen, Masters Apprentice, Missus Beastly and On Trial (who are
supposed to sound a bit like Monster Magnet).

Moom sound quite a lot like a more guitar driven version of Caravan. The
new one I have not heard but it is suppose to be more west coast like,
Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service,e tc..

The last Farflung CD was excellent. Much better than the first two. I have
high hopes for the new one.

The new FIve Fifteen is totally excellent!  The extra live CD that comes
with the first 500 copies is great as well. These guys have a very unique
style all their own, taking influences and the name from the Who and other
hard rock styles from the 70's but with dual male and female vocals, coll
strange lyrics and a really psych feel.. Cool finnish band.

The Masters Apprentice rerelease must sound great. Cool record.

As for the danish band On Trial (friends of mine), the new one is a mind
blower! They are like SPine of God era monster magnet meets Roky Erickson!
That is the best description. This new CD coming in March is their 4th
record and their best.

SCott

ObCs- Alien Planetscapes- Life on Earth Demos

R. Scott Heller PhD
Hagedorn Research Institute
Department of Developmental Biology
Niels Steensensvej 6