HW In Your Area: Impressions

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Jan 28 12:55:40 EST 1999

Andreas spake thusly...

>8. HIPPY 5:45
>   THE track on this album! Great vocals by Ron

Yes, I agree absolutely.  Someone here mentioned they thought Dave did a
good Calvert impersonation on Medusa.  On Hippy, I thought Ron did an
excellent Brock impersonation.  In fact, I was surprised that it was Tree
singing on that one...I had to look at the liner notes twice to be sure.
Granted, he uses some minor effects on the vocals, but I think's it apparent
that he's more capable than he's been given credit for.

>9. PRAIRIE 2:39
>   This sounds nothing like HW at all, a nice instrumental with acoustic
>   guitar and percussion.

I like this one quite a lot...a bit simple, but this 8 1/2 minutes of the
album are a glimpse of what *can* be 21st century Hawkwind.  They just gotta
build that 'bridge.'  (Where's that confounded bridge?)

Keith H. (FAA)

ObCD:  Agitation Free - At the cliffs of river Rhine