BOC: Danny and HF

Thu Jan 28 15:43:21 EST 1999

>I know they were playing SYIB, HM and PUD
before Danny ever stepped on stage.

Also Still Burnin' and CGLOD

>I'm sure he could belt out a few numbers like Hot Rails to Hell

Agreed, but don't hold your breath on that tune since Joe Bouchard wrote
it.  Sure, BOC still does some songs that were at least co-written by
the Bouchards, but that one is a Joe-only compilation, and one that Joe
sung.  The band hasn't done it (as far as I know) since Joe left in '86.

I would also be suspicious of Buck and Eric of giving up any of the lead
vocal tasks.  Certainly lead vocals was always Eric's main function (which
is why his role in the band seemed so reduced in late '96 and '97 -- when
he couldn't sing as much.  Hey, I admit that Eric can play guitar and keys
as well, but he is and will always be considered BOC's lead vocalist first,
and an instrumentalist second).  And, I think Buck has gotten quite
comfortable handling a larger load of lead vocals.  I don't know that
Danny is necessarily ever going to get a shot at lead vocals -- unless
maybe he writes a killer song for the next BOC album that he sings and
then can convince the band to let him sing it live as well.

John