80 minute CD blanks

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Jan 29 11:33:55 EST 1999

Now that I've got the replacement for my broken Weird 104, I'm
considering backing up the Weird tapes to CD. I was wondering about
using 80 minute blanks. Are there any cons to doing this? Are they less
likely to play on CD players?

What I'm considering is putting together the shows that are disperesed
about the Weird tapes and putting together similar tracks, like all the
Hawklords stuff, all the early stuff, and all the Brock studio demos.
What I'll need to do first is to time all the tracks and work out what
fits where. It'd be sensible to ask if anyone has actually done this
already?

FoFP