OFF: Webcast

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Jan 29 14:43:41 EST 1999

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:46:57 +0000, Stuart A Hamilton
<xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> wrote:

>The following sounded interesting.  Anyone have any info?
>
>"On Saturday February 13 at 9:00 pm PST, Here Are The Facts You Requested
>will begin broadasting live in streaming audio and video an evening of
>kaleidophonic music and psychedelic visuals from Cafe Babylon in San Jose,
>CA (http://www.cafebabylon.com).

No shit!?!  For a short while, I was in a band ("Stereolab-influenced", so
I played synth & organ) with the drummer from Here Are The Facts You
Requested (and it also turned out that his girlfriend went to the same
college as me, and her senior friends when she was a freshman were freshman
friends of mine when I was a senior!).  Here Are The Facts You Requested
are an interesting an unique band ... the closest comparison I can think of
is experimental pop bands from NYC like Tono-Bungay or Fly Ashtray (and
yes, their drummer's really good).  I would advise checking this out; I
might even head down to San Jose for the show.

Cafe Babylon is a cool venue, too (tip to any South Bay residents - hi
Chris!).  I played there (guesting on synth) with Liquorball a couple
months ago when they opened for High Rise (a severely Blanga-to-the-max
band!) there.  Very spacious, lots of funky art around, and an ideal room
for projections and psychedelic visual effects.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com