HW: in your area

Al Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 29 17:03:25 EST 1999

Ok ,I've not got round to getting IYA yet,but I did enjoy the gigs for the 97
tour. IMO youre all forgetting something ie; Hawkwind havw always been about
breaking moulds and changing the formula when youn least expect it.Rizz worked
for that tour ,for me anyway. His input was totally unexpected to most people
when they saw their first gig of that tour.I Remember most people at guildford
saying "Who the Fuck is that???"When he came on.(He looked different last time
most of us saw him).
 Once you got used to it ,it worked.Ok jerry isnt Huw,but HW are no longer the
kind of band Huws style fits into . ( I'm a great Huw fan..Hes always been one
of my favourite guitarists and i actually like his solo stuff a lot,but when
hes in HW he does give them that METAL edge,and in my opinion that was then
for the band and this is now.All things change (HW more than most!!!!) ) HW
with Rizz to me sum up the "Free festival " HW that I miss so much.HW with the
brakes off,with the "lets see where we go with this then" hats on.Dont get me
wrong,I wouldnt want to see Rizz everytime i go to see Hawkwind,and yes DH is
a weak album.I was looking forward to it after the gigs but was overall quite
disappointed when I heard it first.
 I think all talk of HW disintegrating before our very eyes as one contributor
wrote is a bit of an exageration.Just look at some of the old albums in your
collection.I have heard some live tapes which had me wondering how they ever
bounced back , but they did ,usually in a very unexpected way.
All the best
  Keep the faith
Al