FW: long or short?

niko.makila at NOKIA.COM niko.makila at NOKIA.COM
Thu Jul 1 03:47:04 EDT 1999

> From: DASLUD at AOL.COM [mailto:DASLUD at AOL.COM]
>
> i'm surely not a 'cult aficionado; didnt even know there WAS
> a version of
> "reaper" minus the middle break. did that version get am
> radio airplay in
> 1976? and why would such a thing still get aiplay? yuck!

Not that I really listen to the radio but I think that here in Finland I've
heard both about the same number of times (that's about twice to be about
exact).

> which is more than i could say about that stairway
> song...zappa did a neat
> version of it in '88, though

This is the point that I have something to say about!  Here Zappa and the
band did an unbelievable rendition of ``Stairway to (Bondage) Heaven'' with
lots of assorted bondage noises in the best Zappa fashion.  Too bad that the
UMRK Mobile had broken down in Norway -- this was all in all an unbelievable
almost all instrumental show because Zappa thought that Finns wouldn't
understand the vocal parts anyway.  Well, I'm not one to complain about
that!

        //niko

NP: Brian Setzer Orchestra: The Dirty Boogie (Now this record has some
*amazing* guitar work.)