Faves (Was: New to the List)

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jul 1 11:35:54 EDT 1999

> From:          Joseph Brooks <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>
> I agree on _Spectres_ with the exception of "Golden Age of Leather"

Golden Age is a great song, and they're even doing it live nowadays.
Godzilla started out as a great song, just got done to death, I'm
afraid.  I Love the Night, Nosferatu fine songs too...

and
> Mirrors has that song I recently mentioned but can never think of the name..
> On the LP its the first song on side 2.. damn it... Brain Fade!

The Vigil--which they've done live a couple times within the last
few years as well.  Otherwise, Mirrors ain't one of my faves...

Anyway,
> despite my faulty memory, it remains one of the BOC classics IMO.
>
> Someone help me out here.. whats the name of the song? I can remember the
> lyrics but not the main chorus or title.. (I'll have to break it out and
> listen when I get home tonight.)
>
> Wait, its coming to me... "The Vigil"! The song is so good that I can
> forgive the mistakes like "Dr. Music"...

Oh, man, speaking of brain fades!  Someone had a big one when they
recorded that tune.  I came to hate that song even more when they
used it for an opener in place of Stairway.  Though I came to resent
R.U. Ready for the same reason, even though it's a good song, it
wasn't worth bumping Stairway as opener.  Curiously, I didn't mind
BFY as an opener, as it meant I didn't have to endure it as part of
the Big 3 segment of the show, and the group counterbalanced it by
putting some great stuff into the show[c.f. Golden Age, Astronomy,
etc.]

 "The Great Sun Jester" is also
> worth hearing.
>
> JB
>

> > _Mirrors_, though, AND _Spectres_ are absolutely HORRIBLE.
> > And I'll fight
> > anyone over this!!

Bring help...A lot of help!

theo