BOC: Faves (Was: New to the List)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Jul 2 12:19:43 EDT 1999

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

=>> From:          "Brevard, Adrian R" <adrian.brevard at EDS.COM>
=>>
=>> Are you kidding?  That was like female mud wrestling.  There are some old
=>> timers who remember the "Smiley debate"
=>
=>Oh, man, I remember that one.  I was just joining the list when that
=>happened...Dr. Bob--what became of him?  He was one funny dude!

Yeah, I laughed so hard I cried (on the inside). ;-)

There's no such thing as a good flame war, IMHO[*].

Off to see the Allman Brothers Band @ Charlotte, NC tomorrow; let's
see how that new boy, Derek, works out...

BTW, on the subject of t-shirts, the ABB are having their 30th
anniversary this year.  According to their WWW page, they're printing
up a design available only by mail-order to celebrate that.  On it
they have the ABB logo and underneath is written, "Never trust any
band under thirty!"  That would look good on a Hawkwind t-shirt, I
think.

Cheers,

Paul.

[*] Special Dr. Bob memorial "IMHO."