BOC: Faves (Was: New to the List)

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Jul 2 14:17:19 EDT 1999

> From:          Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
>
> Actually, I spoke too soon, it seems.  I just came back from the local
> Kroger where their TicketMaster booth informs me that the LAWN is *SOLD
> OUT*.  I can't &#$*%! believe it.  Last time I went to see them @
> Charlotte in '95 they were nowhere close to selling out the lawn.
> Jeez, I guess everyone is bitten by the 30th Anniversary tour bug. :-(
>
> There are still actual *seats* left in the seated part of the
> amphitheatre (even ones under the cover), but in my current weakened
> financial state, $40+/ticket on top of a 3+ hour drive to Charlotte to

What's up with that?  I paid $25 for a primo seat--the cheap ones
were only 23 bucks...

> see the Allmans is just a tad too much right now.  (Makes the Mule all
> the more amazing value: I've never paid > $15 for *any* Mule show, and
> you get to stand right up close and personal instead of at binocular
> range.)

Yep, sure enough.  2 of the times I saw Mule, I only paid 5 bucks,
and if you can believe it, one of those shows also featured BOC!
GM's playing a free concert in a couple weeks in Rochester, but I'm
not sure I can make that show.  Hey Brian, any idea what time that
gig starts, and are there any other groups on the bill?

theo