Darxtar

Soniqué sonique at SONIQUE.NET
Sat Jul 3 06:33:10 EDT 1999

On 2 Jul 99, at 17:21, dave huggins wrote:

> Sonique, (and all)
>
>         Any word on a release of their in-the-can CD?  I understand there are some
> publishing probs, maybe Griffin could carry it?  Any hope of wedging them
> out of their Scandanavian abodes to travel to UK or even SD 99 (or 00;)?

Well, Tombola is well and truly recorded and mixed, but at this stage they
still don't have a label (unless something has happened in the last few
weeks). Griffin's not a bad idea, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't work
out for them. As to a tour - I know they would tour Australia if it paid for
their bed and breakfast, so the US wouldn't be out of the question ... the
difficulty of course is paying for the airfares ... you'd never get a
promoter interested I'm afraid (it was hard enough with Hawkwind for the ill-
fated Hawkwind Oz Tour)

>         I now have three of their CDs (all of em I believe),

Nup. That's not all. I bet you don't have "darker" - the 2nd release. It's
not at all possible to get that these days, which is a real shame because it
is a wonderful CD. There's also a tape release entitled "starlog 1990-94"
which was a compilation of tracks from the first 3 CD's and a few live cuts
(such as UFO). And then there was the HawXtar CD-R with Nik Turner

(For those who don't know, the 1st, 3rd and 4th albums were "Darxtar",
"Daybreak" and "Sju")

> and they are on my
> favorite playlist now (still trying to hunt down a local copy of IYA).
> They are damn good, anyone who doesn't have them should run out and get
> their CDs before they are completely unavailable - I ran across a copy of
> Sju in a Tower Record Import sale bin.

That was luck!

(If anyone is after darXtar CD's, I have copies of Darxtar (just one or two),
Daybreak and Sju for $25 Australian dollars (that's about $16 US) available
through "Sonic Bilby" - http://sonique.net/bilby)

Soniqué
--
 PO Box 378                Paul Ward