BOC: Upcoming Sony Compilation

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Tue Jul 6 08:47:29 EDT 1999

     Someone mentioned the upcoming BOC compilation that should be out
soon (although I haven't yet seen it available for pre-order on
CDNOW.com), and the fact that Eric polled the AOL crowd about what
should be on it.  Before you all get really excited about any BOC
rarities or cool tracks that the die-hard fans would want, I should
point out that the ground rules for that poll were that the fans were
asked what songs Joe Q. Public would most want to hear.  In other words,
"Don't Fear the Reaper", "Godzilla", and "Burnin' For You" will probably
be the first 3 tracks.  And, while I expect that this disc will be good
(rumor has it that the tracks will be REMASTERED), don't expect to hear
"Mistress of the Salmon Salt", "Monsters", "Nosferatu", "Morning Final",
or any sort of rare demo or live tracks -- all of which, I suspect,
would be on a compilation that would be hand-picked by die-hard fans of
BOC who already have at least 5 CDs in their collection with "The Big 3"
on them.

John