OFF: Nice and Loud

Brevard, Adrian R adrian.brevard at EDS.COM
Tue Jul 6 12:11:49 EDT 1999

=> I've got 18th row for ABB at the NYS Fair in August--and 12th row for
=> Jeff Beck the very next night!

Dude you forgot to mention which type of ear plugs you endorse.  Saw Beck
and Santana on the same bill a few summers ago.  Place was Wolftrap a
National Park.  Awesome place for a show.  Very cozy and unbelievable
accoustics.  Its rigth in the middle of a very affluent neighborhood so the
park operators have to obey all kinds of noise restrictions.

Beck exceeded them by almost 100%.  Was warned to turn down the volume (two
gigs back to back) and wouldn't you know it, only exceed tolerances by 90%
for the second gig.  Never before has an earache felt sooooo good.  Theo, I
was more than a 150 feet away from the stage and he almost ruptured my
spleen.

>Oh, man, I remember that one.  I was just joining the list when that
>happened...Dr. Bob--what became of him?  He was one funny dude!

Oh he's still around, I talk to him occassionally.  He's a really righteous
dude if you get to know him.  Guess we are kindered spirits as both he and I
were the primary targets of the previously mentioned flame wars.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins

NP - Brian Setzer Orchestra - Guitar Slinger

PS - Ted, thanks for the info on the new Sony.  Any idea which cuts made the
cut?  If fan influenced it'll be good.