OFF: Nice and Loud

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jul 6 13:04:18 EDT 1999

> From:          "Brevard, Adrian R" <adrian.brevard at EDS.COM>
>
> Dude you forgot to mention which type of ear plugs you endorse.  Saw Beck
> and Santana on the same bill a few summers ago.  Place was Wolftrap a
> National Park.  Awesome place for a show.  Very cozy and unbelievable
> accoustics.  Its rigth in the middle of a very affluent neighborhood so the
> park operators have to obey all kinds of noise restrictions.
>
> Beck exceeded them by almost 100%.  Was warned to turn down the volume (two
> gigs back to back) and wouldn't you know it, only exceed tolerances by 90%
> for the second gig.  Never before has an earache felt sooooo good.  Theo, I
> was more than a 150 feet away from the stage and he almost ruptured my
> spleen.

Hmm...I was 5th row at Saratoga for a show on that tour, and didn't
have any trouble with the noise.  It's strange, as JB suffers from
tinnitus--you'd think he would play with fewer dbs.  At any rate,
I'll be using protection--for my hearing, ya know!

theo