AW: Subject: HW: Hawkwind Tape

Pospiech, Bernhard Bernhard.Pospiech at DSM-GROUP.COM
Wed Jul 7 07:22:14 EDT 1999

Hi

        >It's definitely for real,  I blew the dust off my copy to prove it.
I think
        >there are two versions of this tape (maybe the codex people can
confirm?)  One
        >seems to be a desk tape which is reasonable quality, the other,
which a friend
        >of mine has, is either many generations removed or an audience
tape.

        I know that there is only one tape known. It is a mixingdesk tape
with superb quality.
        It is not identical with the following tapes from the Astounding
tour:

        - 18.09.76 Machester
        - 02.10.76 Ipswich
        - 04.10.76 Leicester
        - 05.10.76 Hammersmith

        You can identify the "Bristol, 27.09.76" tape very easy.
        There is a very big mistake at the beginning of BACK ON THE STREETS.
        Dave had to start the starting guitar-riff for a 2nd time

        The only difference between all the tapes of that gig is the length.
        The longer tape has a short (2 minutes)  instrumental before
STEPPENWOLF

        cheers
        Bernhard