BOC: Sony Comp.

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Jul 7 11:01:25 EDT 1999

> From:          "Brevard, Adrian R" <adrian.brevard at EDS.COM>
> >Remastered?  Keep dreaming!  Sony wants to spend about twenty cents
> on the whole thing...
>
> Dude, granted Sony are some cheap bastids, spending even twenty cents on an
> another On Flame, Superhits...yada yada yada would be pointless even for
> them.  Metal Edge says they will be remastered.  Gotta figure sales of HF
> and possibly the MoFi set has convinced Sony there are a few more drops of
> blue blood to squeeze from the Oysterboys.

Hope it turns out that way...guess we wait a while longer for the
entire BOC oeuvre to be remastered...

> >Hmm...I was 5th row at Saratoga for a show on that tour, and didn't
> have any trouble with the noise.  It's strange, as JB suffers from
> tinnitus--you'd think he would play with fewer dbs.  At any rate,
> I'll be using protection--for my hearing, ya know!
>
> 'OK but enquiring minds (namely me) still would like to know what specific
> type of ear protection you use.  Do use one type when doing gigs and another
> when sitting in the fifth row?  I'm getting old so one day I would like to
> hear my grand kids call me "grandpa". Hehehehehehehehehehehe

I agree with Paul.  Sonic IIs are the best I've used.  Generally, for
my own playing I don't wear them, although there's one drummer I play
with occasionally whose playing demands I wear 'em! I
usually bring a pair to concerts, but unless a band is really loud,
or I'm stuck in front of the PA, I don't use hearing protection...
theo