HW: BADAM - Transatlantic gigging

Christopher Bruce kaduflyer at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Jul 7 14:02:15 EDT 1999

Jonathan Jarrett wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Stephen Lindsey wrote:
>
> > Is Carl back in the US now terms out ? (or are you lurking somewhere)
>
>         Guess I'd better pick this up: Carl has been unsubscribed for
> about the last month while he finished his thesis and went back to the US
> last Tuesday, leaving Cambridge England down to two BOC-Lers (one lurking)
> unless Mike Parkington is still around, and four known Hawkfans. These are
> terrible times indeed.
>         And more relevantly, I believe his e-mail in the US is sporadic so
> we probably won't see him for a while :-( Yours,
>                                                  Jon

And I'll pick it up from there...

Since Carl will be playing with Das Ludicroix at StrangeDaze '99 and Larry
"Daslud" is on vacation in Virginia, and Ian (Daslud's lead guitar) is
currently a houseguest, and I'll be mixed up/in/with the band at SD '99, I'll
probably be the next to hear from him (assuming he _isn't_ lurking!) so when
he does drop by I'll sit him down at the Mac and get him caught up on boc-l
and have him reply to anything relevant. I haven't seen him for quite some
time and I'm really looking forward to his company on the Strange Trip...

Just before Larry left there was rumor of a THIRD guitarist for DasLud from
him, so things are going to be very interesting in the next month or so while
they woodshed out a set for the show (they have a 90 minute set to fill...).
Ian has been hard at work rebuilding a guitar especially for the event, and
Ive been told that Ron (bass and/or guitar) is very excited about playing the
fest as well. So Carl will be in demand as soon as he surfaces on this side of
the pond...

We'll let him know how sorely he's missed over there, but don't expect us to
let go of him anytime soon;)

ChrisB
kaduflyer