HW: BADAM - Transatlantic gigging

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Jul 8 03:59:35 EDT 1999

> >         Guess I'd better pick this up: Carl has been unsubscribed for
> > about the last month while he finished his thesis and went back to the US
> > last Tuesday, leaving Cambridge England down to two BOC-Lers (one
> > lurking)
> > unless Mike Parkington is still around, and four known Hawkfans. These are
> > terrible times indeed.
>
> Sod!  Buggered off without even stopping by for a beer!  Oh well, guess he
> was busy, I was busy too.  Plus I decided not to move to Cambridge myself.

Indeed. Never got to dub a copy from his CD of 'Xmas Pigs' either.

> Anyway I'm in the south of France now, sending this from my Sony Vaio via my
> cellular phone...  that's not really à propos of anything, I just felt like
> pointing it out.

Your place in the jet-set digerati is assured !  Though the current 9.6k over
GSM must really suck :)

> Will be back for Godspeed You Black Emperor! on the 15th though.

Alas I'm elsewhere for this. Bugger, since the album is ace and live they
sound really intense.

> Oh yeah, almost forgot, apparently Masters of Reality are going to be at the
> Borderline (London) in September.  Anyone got their new album yet?

No, but seen it in HMV. A review Kerraappp! said basically good things but
also that it wouldn't propel them into new heights either. Definitely on for
the show when it happens though.

Tim

ObLibraryCD: Rory Gallagher, _Rory Gallagher_