HW: BADAM - Transatlantic gigging

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jul 8 08:42:03 EDT 1999

Stephen Lindsey writes:

> Ok,
>
> BADAM meeting point:
>
> 5pm on Saturday at Andys Amazing Records sounds good,
>
> All welcome, so far we have
>
> One transplanted Brit (in his fave waistcoat with the Doremi logo on the back)
>         trying desperately to drop all the Americanisms he's picked up over
>                 the years, and actually speak English again.
>
> One guy (with a wheelbarrow  to hold his list of HW tapes ?)  leaning on
>         a flagon of cider trying hard not to start a riot.
>
> One guy who'll probably be busy exchanging my wallet for a pile of his most
>         excellent CD's
>
> Jill you'll be around for BADAM right ?

Ah - this is in rather a state of flux right now since I'm leaving
one job on the Friday of BADAM and starting a new one on the Monday.
Negotiating for extra days might not be the most sensible of actions but
I'll have to see what the reactions are......

If any BADAM folk are online or available for a message tell them that
the record shops in Edinburgh were *very* keen to display the small
posters and kept asking if I had anything bigger to offer them.    A
mailshot round the addresses in the phone book with a BIG poster would
be happily received by all.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk