OFF: Ozric Tentacles In Philly

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 9 12:45:04 EDT 1999

The Ozric Tentacles return to the U.S. and play Philadelphia last night.
Great show, but some things worth mentioning:
The Ozrics, partly famous for their awesome light show is traveling with a
scaled back version of it. Last night, at the TLA show in phily they had
images projected on the background behind the band (which was fantastic) and
minus the strobes, which actually are my fav part of the show.
As far as playing, the band was in top shape, and as excellent as I've
remembered them from 5 years ago. And as I've committed no song titles to
memory (which is usually the case for me with instrumentals), it would be
difficult to elaborate.
Anticipating a 2+ hour show, the band was apparently cut off by the club at
1:00 PM after only about 100 minutes.
The opening act was Ronnie Montrose, someone I had forgotten about completely
until last night, and although his set was good, it's likely that he'll
remain forgotten until he shows up somewhere else.
The 2nd band was (quoting the Ozrics) "a poor man's James Bond"???, I think
they were called the Starmen?...totally forgettable.
Anyway, can't wait to see Ozric Tentacles again, maybe a trip to the Wetlands
is in order?
So long and thanks for all the fish
Bob

http://members.aol.com/Hawkwinder/hawkwindrulesindex.html