HW/OFF: Strange Daze '99

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jul 9 21:18:04 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

Just had a brief correspondence with Jim Lascko about Strange Daze.  The
lineup seems to be set and the late night tent thing seems to be happening.
However, the 'tent company' wants Jim to front up $1000 he doesn't have to
get the thing on site.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, last year the main stage
curfew was strictly enforced and meant that StrangeWind's set was cut short
(sound familiar?), and also only one band per night was able to use a light
show (since it stays light so long this time of year).  So there will be a
separate smaller stage inside some sort of large canvas tent that will start
up at Midnight both Friday and Saturday nights.  More 'subtle' bands like
Bionaut (related to ArcMet), Drumplay, and Canis Minor will play in the tent
until all hours of the morning, or until enough complaints are called in.
:)  Loud nasty bands like Born To Go will be banned from this sort of
late-night behaviour.  :)

Anyway, I encourage everyone here to order tix now (www.strange-trips.com)
so that Jim can have the money available to have the tent there.  Should be
a cool addition to an already awesome event.

The schedule is nearing completion.  I can tell you that Helios & Tribe of
Cro will be the Fri. evening entertainment, and A.P. followed by Anubian
Lights & Nik Turner/Farflung on Saturday.  Of course, lots of other great
bands will grace the stage as well...some of you lot even! :)

Well, see you there...I'm doing the 'program' so if you wanna help with a
band you're particularly knowledgable/fond of (or advertise something
spacerock-related for a small fee), contact me personally
(henderson.120 at osu.edu) and I'll let you help!

Keith H. (FAA)