HW: HW/Nik/A. Lights/Brain/Farflung FS/T and Misc.

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sat Jul 10 15:21:42 EDT 1999

Hello. I finally visited the Rhino Records in West L.A. and man was the used
section a beauty. What I picked up for you:

Used:

1. Anubian Lights--Eternal Sky
2. Brain--Access and Amplify
3. Farflung--So Many Minds, So Little Time
4. Nik Turner--Space Ritual 1994 (punch-hole)

and I still have these:

Hawkwind--Space Bandits (Castle)
  "           --Masters of the Universe (Thunderbolt, SS, cut-out)
  "           --Space Ritual 2 (Thunderbolt, SS, cut-out)

I really need money now, but I'd like to see what ya'll have for trade; I'm
tumbling, end over end...

What I bought for myself (again, all used, and for _very_ nice prices <I'm so
cheap, I wait and I wait, but it pays off>):

1. Space Explosion (recent collaboration of Krautrockers)
2. The Nazgul (looks like a couple Tolkein-crazed Germans, mid '70s)
3. Magic Mushroom Band--The Spaced Collection
4. Brainticket--Voyage
5.    "           --Adventure
6. Dark Matter--Seeing Strange Lights (H. Creed ambient)

Other items I've picked up recently but haven't mentioned to the list yet:

Dilate--Cyclos
Mother Gong Live '91
Mirza--Anadromous
Ozrics--Pungent Effulgent
K. Schultze--Dig It
Beyondomatic (in the 99 cent bin! Thanks to AI, or I might have passed this
by...)
Banco de Gaia--Live at Glastonbury (blatantly Orb-ish, but good)
Space Box (excellent collection, but they left off Hawklords' "Time Of..."!
Still have not heard this song; it's on Cleo's recent HW comp, but damned if
I'm gonna buy that thing just for one song...well, there's the Brock int.,
too, but I heard it was short and/or mediocre)
Hash Jar Tempo--Under Glass (also from the 99 cent nin, sealed. The cover had
the sticker Bardo Pond and someone Montgomery. I thought I recognized the
name BP from this list; not bad, droney improv. psyche in the
Mirza/Subarachnoid Space vein)

Chuck