off: black box recorder?

Allan T Grohe Jr iscladoc at IDIR.NET
Sun Jul 11 12:20:55 EDT 1999

Hi all,

I just discovered an English band called Black Box Recorder, via their
(new?) lp _England Made Me_ (Jetset Records).  On a listen and a half,
they sound like a cross between Portishead and perhaps Beth Orton.

Anyone have any details on them?

Allan.

ObHW:  My remaster of _HotMG_ was stolen out of my bag by someone at
Continental Airlines either in Philly or Cleveland (all HW fans
travelling through those hubs beware!).  Anyone have a line on another
copy?

Allan.

Allan T. Grohe Jr.                      Visit the Dreaming City--
iscladoc at idir.net                    http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr

>From somewhere within him all the longing he had known, all the sadness
and the grief and the loneliness, all his aspirations and dreams, his
times of intense happiness, his loves and his hatreds, his affections and
his dislikes, all were voices in the same music which issued from his
throat, as if his whole being had been concentrated into this single song.
It was a victory and a plea.  It was a celebration and an agony.  It was
nothing more nor less then the song of a single, lonely individual in an
uncertain world, the song of a troubled intellect and a generous heart.
And most of all, it was a song of love, of yearning idealism and
desperate sadness for the fate of the world.

                ---Michael Moorcock, "The Black Blade's Summoning"