OFF/HW: Terrastock Festival in London

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 11 15:53:03 EDT 1999

---You Brits probably already knew about this one... (Same weekend as SD99!)
Chuck

Subject: Terrastock III (Bardo Pond, Bevis Frond, Hood, Tom Rapp, Spaceheads,
The
From: traffic99 at hotmail.com
Date: Sat, 10 July 1999 03:30 PM EDT

(for more Terrastock info, check with the addresses below --- DO NOT

                                 TERRASTOCK III NEWS
Terrastock III is scheduled to take place the weekend of August 27th,
28th and 29th 1999 at the ULU (the University of London), Malet Street,
London WC1.

The first home fixture for this prestigious event aims to build on the
runaway success of the
first two Terrastock festivals, which were held in Rhode Island and in
San Francisco, USA during
1997 and '98 respectively.

This upcoming three-day festival is conceived in a similar spirit of
adventure and co-operation
in order to celebrate the music championed by the long-running
independent fanzine The
Ptolemaic Terrascope. This time we are pleased to be associated with our
good friends at Dreamy
Records and Rocket Girl, and with the added bonus of this being the
first Terrastock on home
turf, it promises to be even bigger and if possible even better than in
previous years.

Terrastock is not an indie-rock A&R feeding frenzy. Bands and artists
will be there at the
personal invitation of the organisers because we love their music and
they love the way we do
things. It's simply about the music, and about the whole Terrastock
spirit. If you were there at
Terrastock I or II, you'll know what we mean. And if you weren't, you're
in for a potentially
"life-enhancing experience".

Below you'll find a list of confirmed bands to date, including many who
are travelling across vast
oceans and continents under their own steam simply in order to attend.

Please be aware that in order to stand a chance of breaking even a NO
GUEST LIST, ABSOLUTELY
NO EXCEPTIONS policy has been adopted for this festival. This includes
all representatives of the
press, TV and radio media, no matter who you might be.

Persons buying tickets do so in the knowledge that they are investing in
the whole Terrastock
experience. For that reason, one- day passes are not available. Please
bear in mind that we are
aiming for a minimum of 15 separate performances at Terrastock on each
of the 3 days, meaning
dedicated festival attendees will be paying an average of just GB1.00 to
watch each band.

Weekend passes can be purchased for GB45.00 until July 31st, thereafter
a still reasonable
GB55.00 (subject to availability). Cheques or money orders should be
made payable to "Rocket
Girl" and sent in to the Rocket Girl address shown below. Credit card
orders are also accepted.
Orders must be post-marked by the cut-off date in order to get the early
supporter rate. Please
note that places are limited, and as both previous Terrastock festivals
have sold out in a matter
of days please do not delay making a reservation if you have any
intention of attending.

If you have questions regarding directions, travel information, sleeping
arrangements etc., feel
free to ask for information OR check our web site at
http://www.terrascope.org

To subscribe to the Terrascope's mailing list for updates and further
ticket news, send a message
 to terraguests at terrascope.org and put SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

CONFIRMED BANDS SO FAR (in alphabeticalish
                                             order)

Abunai! *
Air Traffic Controllers
The Alchemysts *