OFF: Sundial

Captain Cloud capcloud at PALMNET.NET
Sun Jul 11 23:33:15 EDT 1999

>Was there a Sundial release that had an edited version of "Plains of Nazca"
>(was it a single?); 'cause Chuck taped me a 3-4 minute track and now that I
>have the album it see it's a few minutes longer.
>
>Chuck

...delurking...

Hey Chuck, whatzup?

The Sundial track you refer to is from the CD-single 'Expoding In Your Mind'.
The tracklisting for this item is:
 4:10  Exploding In Your Mind
 3:36  Other Side
 3:45  Plains of Nazca

Hope that answers your question.  I always think that rarer B-sides make
good filler on tape trades, since the main albums by groups tend to be
more commonly available.

I just wandered out of lurk mode long enough to catch my namecheck, and
thought I'd respond.  I'm still on BOC-L (continuously since before 1995,
like so many folks here), but I'm only reading about one or two digests
a week.  Sorry if I have missed any previous calls.

One happy note.  I made it to NYC for the PTree show.  Man, Steven Wilson
is a god!  He is undoubtably the best psychedelic guitarist making the
circuit these days IMHO.  There have also been several PTree shows making
the trade rounds.  I saw a particularly well-done copy of the Phantasmagoria
show on CDR, with great sound and very polished artwork.  These things just
go to show what fans can do, compared with the quality of a typical bootlegger.
Too bad the band themselves haven't recorded any of the shows for release.

I've already sent in my $$$ for Strange Daze 99 tickets, and encourage all
of you to do the same.  Definitely the best show going.

Back to lurk mode.  Chuck R., drop me a line and I'll help with whatever...
Oh, and catch my cool URL below!
--
Captain Cloud
capcloud at palmnet.net