HW: reissues

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Wed Jul 14 19:42:24 EDT 1999

I  strolled in to Our Price (please don't laugh - we only have two disc
shops) here in (not so) sunny Burton today, having finally got my dole
cheque, in search of the latest Afro-Celt Sound System album. Having failed
in my mission I was just about to leave when  uch to my surprise I saw in
the "promotion" racks above the regular alphabetic section a stack of the
new Castle HW reissues, with a little plug for three of them.  Thgey're
quite neatly packaged in a CD sized "book" with a slot to hold the CD and a
little glossy booklet with notes on the music and a bit of HW history & all
at £8.99.  The spines each have a large letter or two at the top, and a
full set would spell out "HAWKWIND".  They are captioned inside as
"Hawkwind Presents The Sounds Of Earth"  Only having Palace Springs out of
this batch I picked up Xenon Codex (a random choice...) but on getting it
out this evening, found that the oik in the shop had put IITBOTFTBD in
instead, so I guess I'm walking into town again tomorrow!!!

ChrisW
NP:IITBOTFTD