HW shirts

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Jul 15 09:17:13 EDT 1999

lb said...

>i've got the DOREMI shirt w/the  individual band member pix on the back...got
>it circa '92 from that guy out west == brian pererra or something?== traded
>him 3 hw audience tapes for it, as opposed to paying for it.
>i wore it once or twice but it's up in my closet next to my nausicaa shirt
>etc. as "something not to wear"...though i'd considered bringing it to
>STRANGE DAZE (grin)

OK, I won't wear mine.  :)  Yeah, I got it from Brian also, around 10 years
ago or so.  Back when he ran the 'Rock Cave' and before he founded
Cleopatra.  The other one I got from him is a tie-dye, with the Space Ritual
cover on the front and some original design on the back.  It's really
cool...I wore it to the St. Catharines show in c. 1991, and when I talked to
Dave, he wanted to know where I'd gotten it.  I think he just was curious as
to who was making money at their expense. :)  That same day, it was Chris
Bruce (on the day of the van accident IIRC) who stopped me on the street
nearby and told me it was a 'pirate.'  Ah well, the band's already earned
enough of my money already, and without that profit Brian made, we might not
have *any* US space rock labels (Madonna tributes notwithstanding).

>but that shirt == at least its '92 incarnation == was, how you say, less than
>authorized, and last i knew pererra (sp??) was not in good standing w/a
>variety of hw-related folks.

You can read Dave Thompson's propaganda to tell which ones.  :)

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  The 'Welcome to the Future' shirts...aren't they from the 1997 mini-tour?