OFF: Bee Gees?

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sat Jul 17 23:42:22 EDT 1999

In a message dated 7/17/99 2:43:37 PM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

<<> 30-some odd years ago, there would these boxes of, like, 20 cutout singles
> for $1.98, and amongst the dross* on one occasion was "any christian
> lion-hearted man will show you" by the pre-disco bros. gibb.

        Sudden echoes in my mind produced, "Any Major Dude Will Tell You",
which has got to be better than Bee Gees, even before disco. Hasn't it?
Yours,
        Jon
=====
i dinna say naught to suggest the BG'S tune was any good, mind yiz, just that
it showed up in me head after being awake for 30 hours (grin)

and i do believe the song that appeared in yr own head played off of t'other,
at least in  title....t'other being one of several drippy late '60s BG songs
they were so fond of doing at that time; not quite as drippy as "holiday"
though, which i tink was the a-side.
======
<<P.S. ObPseudoHW: the band in question took their name from a book by
William Burroughs, who owned an orgone accumulator. So don't you be
accusing me of irrelevance :-)>>
======
burroughs had an orgone accumulator? what does one do w/it? stick one's head
in it? no, i'm not joking, isnt that how such a device is utilized?

but being as i knows the band in question, the book in question, and the
namesake implement in question (grin), we can see who else amongst us does,
and many likely do.

"<>"