OFF: Bee Gees?

Sun Jul 18 12:09:17 EDT 1999

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:

> and i do believe the song that appeared in yr own head played off of t'other,
> at least in  title....t'other being one of several drippy late '60s BG songs
> they were so fond of doing at that time; not quite as drippy as "holiday"
> though, which i tink was the a-side.

        I did wonder if there might be any connection, since the band in
question (whom I hesitate to mention not so much to irritate as protect
myself from any ridicule that might accrue when it came out that I woned
all their albums before I had _any_ BOC or HW (so they went and released
another, pfah)) were not averse to the odd spot of ironic rip-off... So I
am enlightened, thankyou...

> ======
> <<P.S. ObPseudoHW: the band in question took their name from a book by
> William Burroughs, who owned an orgone accumulator. So don't you be
> accusing me of irrelevance :-)>>
> ======
> burroughs had an orgone accumulator? what does one do w/it? stick one's head
> in it? no, i'm not joking, isnt that how such a device is utilized?

        Well, I learnt it on this list, so it must be true... I believe he
had a man-szed one in which he used to sit and top up his orgone energy
levels resulting in enhanced feelings of well-being and general
friskiness, but I go from memory only...

> but being as i knows the band in question, the book in question, and the
> namesake implement in question (grin), we can see who else amongst us does,
> and many likely do.

        Daniel Steele, outre Daniel, ... ;-)