OFF: Bee Gees?

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 18 12:27:50 EDT 1999

In a message dated 7/18/99 12:09:46 PM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
writes:

<<
> and i do believe the song that appeared in yr own head played off of
t'other,
> at least in  title....t'other being one of several drippy late '60s BG songs
> they were so fond of doing at that time; not quite as drippy as "holiday"
> though, which i tink was the a-side.

        I did wonder if there might be any connection, since the band in
question (whom I hesitate to mention not so much to irritate as protect
myself from any ridicule that might accrue when it came out that I owned
all their albums before I had _any_ BOC or HW (so they went and released
another, pfah)) were not averse to the odd spot of ironic rip-off... So I
am enlightened, thankyou...

> ======>>
funny...this band who cannot be named earned much scorn from me in my more
overtly punque days, but now i, um, respect them...though they did sorta
overdose on getting things too perfect in the studio as time went on, at
least ACTUAL SONGS were involved...
  and as i didnt die before i got old, i similarly had to revise my opinion
of yes, realizing they had to go in the studio and actually PLAY their
mostly-still-irritating compositions, which couldna been easy...

"<>"