OFF: Bee Gees?

Max Wilcox m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU
Sun Jul 18 12:29:04 EDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Horse Whisperer <beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 1999 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: OFF: Bee Gees?

> No, seriously, what is this Orgone Accumulator?

            It was invented by the slightly lacking in the sanity department
pseudo-theoriest Willhem(sp?) Reich. It is more or less a box made up of
several layers of different materials, the most important being the central
layer which should be soil, or some such organic material. I've got plans
for it lying somewhere around here, which I can dig up if necessary.

> How does it make one feel greater?

            Reich's theory was that there were this energy which he call
Orgone, that was some kind of life force or something. There was also
something to do with UFOs in his theorys, but I can't remember much about it
now. Whatever it was actually meant to *be*, it could be focused with these
boxes. You'd sit in the box and all of the orgones would seep into you. It
was meant to do things ranging from rejuvinate and revitalise, inspire all
the way to curing cancer.

> Where can I get one of these cerebral vibrators?

            They're pretty easy to make, with the necessary materials. Why
someone would want to, I don't know. You can buy them, too, I believe.
Probably a search for Burroughs in the web would yield some results.
            More worthwhile that the orgone accumulator, and still
associated with Burroughs, is the Dream Machine (invented by Bryon Gysin),
which brings on LSD-like visual experiences. Unlike the accumulator, this is
something that does work.

Max Wilcox