OFF: APOCALYPTICA

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Mon Jul 19 09:15:36 EDT 1999

> >Just came across mention of this group while surfing.  The sound clips
> >aren't bad.
> >
> >Anyone have this or would recommend it?

        Don't buy it unless you can get it used.  It's not that it's bad
        - it's just that, owning both of their CDs, I haven't listened
        to them more than a few times.  The novelty wears off really
        quickly.

        You also learn two things about Metallica very quickly:

        1) Indeed, their older stuff DOES rock more (Master of Puppets
        is the standout, imo).

        2) Rock music really is PRIMITIVE when compared to good classic
        music.  Riffs that I thought were tough to play - "One," say -
        really are nothing compared to what those guys really do for a
        living.  If you slap on the Bach Cello suites after listning to
        this, you'll get quite a chuckle.

--
Chip Hart                           *                        chip @ pcc.com
Physicians's Computer Company       *              http://www.pcc.com/~chip