OFF: A different type of tape swap

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Jul 20 18:31:57 EDT 1999

  Crow wrote:

> >There seems to be fair number of musicians
> >subscribed to this list.  Why not take tapes of the
> >music by these persons and form a tape swap?

 We did something similar back in '94 (?) with list members recording covers of
HW and BOC tunes.
 Only three bands submitted anything, but it was fun for those of us who let
loose and gave our own
 take on some of our favorites.

> >If it was recorded on a 32-track digital machine
> >or a "boom-box" shouldn't matter.  I myself am just
> >interested what the "closet songwriter" or "garage
> >musician" is up to.

  The covers were definately "boom-box" quality.  Or to regress to the 80s for
a second- "ghetto
  blaster" quality.

  Brian